Missing Lost Dog? Quit your inconsolable weeping, dummies! We’re back! Well some of us are. And this time we’re LIVE!
For the next month you can go to various Melbourne rooms and see, touch and sniff some of your favourite Lost Doggers, as part of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
Aunty Donna and the Fax Machine Shop
Naughty Lost Dog sketchyboys Aunty Donna bring us their Melbourne Fringe Audience Choice award-winning show Aunty Donna and the Fax Machine Shop. You can buy tickets here. You know you want to. Check out their little promo vid which has a proper famous CELEBRITY in it.
Fabian Lapham and the Actual Musicians
And ACTUAL MUSICIANS. With instruments and shit. In a show that “may contain large traces of God fighting some mother$%#*ing Dinosaurs.” With possibly the best show title in the history of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
I mean Jesus, just look at the freaking poster.
Dr Professor Neal Portenza
Lost Dog’s favourite lunatic medical professional, Dr Professor Neal Portenza, has TWO shows this year. One for grown ups and one for small people. He won Best Comedy at the Melbourne Fringe last year so you know it’ll be amazing. Our advice: Go to the grown ups show, then dress yourselves as tiny children in order to bluff your way into the kids’ show. Much like Martin Short in Clifford.
Also catch these shows by other legends who have been in various Lost Dog series:
- Neil Sinclair – Raw Comedy winner who featured in Family Time.
- Tegan Higginbotham – who starred in Family Time and Aunty Donna’s Rumpus Room.
- Madeleine Tucker – Star of Gav’s Garden and Fever Dreams, whose show contains the most inspired use of sugar you will EVER see.
- Alasdair Tremblay-Birchall – Whose Disgusting Toilet Apartment kicked off the 2nd half of the latest Lost Dog series.
- Lessons with Luis – our super pals and C31 station-mates, who have won heaps of awards and annoyed a few JJJ listeners along the way.